- Abilities First
Adult Day Program (ADP)
As your child ages, independent living skills become more and more important to a fulfilling life. Finding the best program for your son or daughter will bring satisfaction to the whole family.
Abilities First Adult Day Program offers activities that are appropriate to our client’s abilities and tastes, delivered on site and in the community. Our facility’s open floor plan creates a safe environment that invites our clients to move about without restriction. Our staff to client ratios exceed state acuity standards and the goal of the Adult Day Program is to enhance the lives of people with disabilities by providing opportunities that incorporate the person's strengths and needs into daily living activities. Our clients take an active role in choosing the activities they participate in each day. Support from staff helps them meet their personal goals that could range from improving reading skills to learning to cook to participating in community activities.
- Community inclusion – structured outings to parks, restaurants and many other places in the community
- Arts – clients can express themselves through crafts, pottery and other creative projects
- Exercise – movement, including group sports and Wii game improve health, coordination and help to develop social skills
- Technology using iPads – clients learn basic computer skills as well as play games
Individuals attending the Adult Day Program will receive the following services:
- Individualized goals for sensory, vocational, physical, and psychosocial development.
- Participate in community activities
- Specially trained and qualified caregivers/staff
- Low staff to client ratio
- Nurses that administer medications and necessary treatments.
- Participate in daily activities of music, recreation, social, crafts, vocational or leisure activities
- Personal care needs met by a caring and considerate staff
- Fully equipped dining area
- Vocational area
- Completely accessible building
- Variety of sensory/motor equipment
- Assistive technology and adaptive equipment
Schedule a tour today!
Open Monday through Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
1009 Grove Street and 6432 Hendrickson Rd.
Middletown, OH 45044