- About Us
- Our Services
- Special Events
- How Can I Help
Doty House and Hopewell Residential
Abilities First has two ICF’s (Intermediate Care Facilities) that provides a place where security, acceptance and a sense of belonging abounds. This family atomsphere offers a strong foundation for each client to live life to their fullest potential. Hopewell Residential located in Franklin, is “home” to 10 adults with moderate to profound disabilities while Doty House, located in Middletown, serves 20 individuals diagnosed with severe to profound disabilities with multiple disorder diagnoses.
To maximize their daily living skills leading to independence, self-respect and confidence.
- Home to 10 clients who have a diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Age range from 33 years old to 57 years old.
- Nursing staff is on-site for 10 hours a day.
- All attend the Abilities First Adult Day Program (ADP).
Doty House Residential:
- Home to 20 clients who have a diagnosis of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Age range from 12 years old to 58 years old.
- Nursing staff is on-site 24/7.
- 18 attend the Abilities First Adult Day Program (ADP).
- 1 attends Middletown High School and 1 attends Creekview Elementary.
- Snoezelen room makes use of soothing sounds, captivating aromas, tactile experiences, massage and vibrations to stimulate, relax or calm behaviors. In this area clients are given the opportunity to make decisions for themsleves even if it is a simple one like whether they would like the fan turned on or off. Assistive technology equipment; various textures and materials as well as music are used to create an atmosphere of self exploration and learning.
For more information, please contact Linda Settle, QDDP