Newly Added Role Due to Growth & Extension of Program
We are creating a new program within our Autism Learning Center in order to fill a gap observed in our community.
The Behavior Support Services Teacher will primarily serve within the Moderate/Intensive ALC Program, assisting students exhibiting a higher need for individualized learning, students just beginning a formal education and/or treatment program, and/or students requiring a substantial/very substantial level of support.
- Provide individual and small group instruction in the areas of positive behavior support, social emotional learning, and emotional regulation.
- Creates and assists in devising strategies based on the understanding of the individual student needs, interests, and abilities.
- Develops and implements specialized social, behavioral, communication and language, play, gross motor, fine motor, sensory and self-care goals for each student that support IEP/IFSP goals.
- Works with the Director of the Autism Learning Center to develop the schedule and format for the program. Plans and implements educational activities that utilize specific therapeutic and teaching strategies that are aligned with ODE academic content standards, graded and modified appropriate to the student’s developmental and learning levels.
- Works with the BCBA to track and monitor specific behaviors, develop Individualized Behavior Plans, implement and monitor the effectiveness of the ABA strategies within the natural environment and classroom activities and provide feedback to the BCBA for ongoing management.
- Completes all required paperwork including lesson plans, assessments, data collection, progress reports and prepares reports and presentations when needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Experience with preschool and elementary school aged children, children with developmental disabilities, particularly children with Autism, and/or significant behavioral challenges required. Knowledge of positive behavior intervention strategies preferred.
FORMAL EDUCATION/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or relevant field preferred. A minimum of 5 years of relevant Preschool, Elementary or Special Education teaching experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of an Associate’s degree with 5 years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 – $18.98/Hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Associate’s (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education and/or Special Education: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location