We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Assistant Director to join our Early Childhood team at Abilities First. As an Assistant Director, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of our center, supporting the Director in managing day-to-day activities, fostering a nurturing environment for children, and maintaining high standards of care and safety. Please review the outlined job description below. To apply please visit www.abilitiesfirst.org, [email protected] and/or stop in at 4710 Timbertrail Drive to fill out an application.
- JOB TITLE: Assistant Director/Trainer
- JOB CODE: Nonexempt
- DEPARTMENT: Early Childhood Learning Center
- REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood Learning Center
Supports the Director of ECLC in the day-to-day management and training of employees, helping develop programs and activities that serve the best interest of all stakeholders, including promoting teamwork at all levels and the child care center’s image and reputation. Works collaboratively with the Director of ECLC, Success Liaison, and Intake/ Scheduling Coordinator to ensure the provision of a quality, developmentally appropriate and safe program that meets the needs of all children enrolled in the center. Work alongside the Director to review staffing and facility policy to ensure compliance with local, state and federal standards. Serves as a supportive resource to families and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist teachers/caregivers to structure environments, routines and interactions that contribute to positive social-emotional outcomes for the children and families in a program: lesson planning, assessments and screening tools, and room arrangement. Supports the teacher/caregiver to provide environments and opportunities which promote the child’s growth and development for any of the developmental domains, (language and literacy, health and physical development, approaches to learning, social emotional development, creative arts, science, mathematics).
- Provides real time training, coaching, and mentoring of staff across all age groups including during classroom coverage and collaborating with the Director with assisting staff in finding additional Professional Development opportunities.
- Develops and facilitates effective working relationships between all programs, children and families in order to promote open communication, trust and family engagement throughout the center and agency.
- Actively participates as a member of the ECLC team in department goal setting, conflict management and continuous improvement Completes all professional development requirements as determined by licensing, SUTQ, and Abilities First.
- Performs administrative duties as designated by the Director of the ECLC that support management and routine operations of the center including, but not limited to enrollment lists, ODJFS swipes, children’s attendance records, and maintaining children’s files in compliance with ODJFS/ DCY.
- Works with the Director, Success Liaison, and Program Intake and Scheduling Coordinator to develop and maintain a database and tracking tools for the center. Assist with the preparation of reports and presentations when needed. These may include, but are not limited to, ASQ and TS Gold Assessments, Success Scores, CaseBuddy case files, children and staff files.
- Maintains and coaches’ teachers/ caregivers on compliance with licensing regulations and center policies and provides information to parents as requested and/or needed to help them comply, including how to provide an orderly, clean, attractive, safe and inviting environment in which the children can develop optimally.
- May assist the Director of the Early Childhood Learning Center in the formation of departmental policies and in its ongoing operation; specifically related to training, upon their direction and discretion.
- Oversees volunteers and student teachers within the classroom. Serves as substitute in any classroom with staff absences.
- Provides department specific on-boarding/training and orientation with the guidance of the Director.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Director of the Early Childhood Learning Center.
ADDITIONAL LEAD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides supervisory duties as assigned or in the absence of the Director of the Early Childhood Center.
- Plans and reports coverage to the Director of the Early Childhood Center.
- Meets with the Director of the Early Childhood Learning Center on a weekly basis as needed to update policy/ training guidelines and plans.
High school diploma or GED required.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION AND/OR LICENSURE
3 years’ experience in licensed childcare setting with an understanding of ODJFS and SUTQ standards and rules.
Must be 18 years of age. Understands and speaks English fluently. Minimum of 3 years experience working in licensed childcare center or commensurate college coursework required. Must be able to supervise a group of children unassisted for several hours. Desires to be a participating member of an organization, which values employee involvement and diversity. Lifting and positioning children weighing up to 70 pounds unassisted.