We are searching for Substitute Teachers who would be available on an as needed basis for our Autism Learning Center. The Substitute Teacher may be called the day before they are needed or early in the morning on the day of absence of the regular teacher.
-Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education or related field.
-An Associate Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant Preschool, Elementary or Special Education teaching experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
The Substitute Teacher (PRN) is responsible for providing instruction and managing the learning environment according to the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher on an as needed basis.
- Implements specialized social, behavioral, communication and language, play, gross motor, fine motor, sensory and self-care goals for each student that support IEP/IFSP goals.
- Quickly interprets lesson plans and reports to Director of ALC and students’ permanent teacher of the students’ success, as required.
- Provides an orderly, clean, attractive, safe and appropriate environment in which the students can learn optimally. Ensures that the program has specific learning materials, furniture, adaptive equipment, assistive technology, games and toys appropriate to the needs of the students in the class and their educational and therapeutic goals.
- Supervises classroom assistants and volunteers, facilitating their engagement and practical learning within the classroom.
- Completes all required paperwork including daily reports, data collection, and prepare any materials needed for lessons.
- Attends in-services as required by the Director of ALC and Abilities First for professional growth and presents the information as appropriate to placement.
Salary: $82.50 – $117.30 per day
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- On call