We are searching for a Teacher to join our Autism Learning Center, who would either work as a Co-lead or with an Assistant, in a classroom of 6 – 8 students utilizing the Ohio Autism Scholarship.
Training will be provided, and we maintain a ratio of 1:3 in Preschool, and up to 1:4 in K/2.
** Wage increases based on education and experience.
-Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education or related field, or an Associate Degree with 5 years experience.
-Experience with preschool and elementary school aged children, children with developmental disabilities and children with Autism preferred.
– Some experience with DIR/Developmental Inter-Relationship Approach and/or Applied Behavior Analysis preferred but not required.
Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide a quality preschool & grade school educational experience, that incorporates individualized, specific educational, behavioral and therapeutic strategies to meet the needs of each student diagnosed with Autism or on the Autism Spectrum.
- Develops and implements specialized social, behavioral, communication and language, play, gross motor, fine motor, sensory and self-care goals for each student that support IEP/IFSP goals.
- Plans and implements educational activities that utilize specific therapeutic and teaching strategies, are aligned with ODE academic content standards, graded and modified appropriate to the student’ s developmental and learning levels.
- Ensures that the program has specific learning materials, furniture, adaptive equipment, assistive technology, games and toys appropriate to the needs of the students in the class and their educational and therapeutic goals.
- Supervises classroom assistants and volunteers, facilitating their engagement and practical learning within the classrooms.
- Assists completion of quarterly progress reports.
- Participates in IEP and ETR meetings with local school districts, as needed.
- Follows behavior plans under guidance of BCBA.
- Completes all required paperwork including lesson plans, assessments, data collection, and progress notes and prepares reports and presentations when needed.
Paid Time Off begins accruing at date of hire.
FT staff are eligible for Medical/Dental/Vision, and other benefits after 90th day of employment.
Pay: $15.50 – $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- No weekends
- Associate (Required)
- Special education: 1 year (Preferred)