To provide specially designed instruction to Preschool through 2nd Grade students on the Autism Spectrum attending the Autism Learning Center, that aligns with the each student’s Individual Education Plan intervention goals. Works collaboratively with teachers and service providers to develop objective, measurable goals and determine appropriate accommodations for student individualized education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets Intervention IEP minutes with students in a classroom or 1:1 setting.
- Write IEP goals in coordination with each student’s local school district.
- Completes ETR assessments and reports, coordinating with the student’s home district as needed.
- Completes quarterly progress reports, in line with ODE standards.
- Supervises Teachers and Instructional Assistants/Aides in the classroom, per required IEP minutes and in line with the Ohio Autism Scholarship Program requirements.
- Coordinates and plans IEP and ETR meetings with local school districts.
- Completes all required paperwork including assessments, data collection, progress notes, and prepares reports and presentations when needed.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with all stakeholders, including parents, other team members and special education personnel, focusing on exceeding customer expectations of the services provided.
- Coordinates the scheduling of routine or as needed meetings with parents, team members and others, participating as appropriate to ensure that communications provided to the
parents and other involved personnel about programming goals, classroom activities, progress, strategies used, and specific concerns are accurate and consistent with the team’s subjective and objective findings.
- Attends inservices and seminars for professional growth and presents the information as appropriate.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings, committees and agency events to promote continuous improvement and Abilities First in the community.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Autism Learning Center or Executive Director.
Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or relevant field required. Valid Ohio Intervention Specialist license required.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION AND/OR LICENSURE
ODE Intervention Specialist licensure required. Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and ability to transport clients in agency vans (per regulatory and agency policy stipulations) required.
Applied Behavior Analysis experience preferred. Experience with preschool and elementary school aged children, children with developmental disabilities and children with Autism preferred. Must be able to move freely and quickly around the physical environment, including on and off the floor; be physically able to lift and position children up to sixty-six (65) pounds unassisted. Desires to be a participating member of an organization which values employee involvement and diversity.