Abilities First is seeking a full-time AND part-time energetic, play-based pediatric Speech Language Pathologist who will be responsible for evaluating, treating, and discharging assigned patients as appropriate and per established policies and procedures; ensuring effective development and application of programs and treatment procedures using appropriate insurance billing and coding.
About Abilities First:
Abilities First is a community-based agency with 3 departments; the therapy department, Autism Learning Center (ALC), and Early Childhood Learning Center(ECLC). The therapy department consists of a multi-disciplinary team of occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech language pathologists. At Abilities First, we provide therapy at our outpatient clinic as well as school-based therapy to our in-house students in the ALC.
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations in the area of speech and language to determine students’ need for services or need of dismissal from services
- Provide individual and group-based speech and language services for children and young adults.
- Provide training and education to family/caregivers and other professionals.
- Create and implement individualized programs to meet the student’s needs.
- Collaborate with teachers, other Speech Language Pathologists, and interdisciplinary team.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of services
- Communicate and work effectively with other departments within facility to build upon the skills addressed in therapy sessions.
- Collaborate with the therapy team to create innovative evidence-based programming options for families.
- Participate in and represent Abilities First at various internal and external events (i.e., parent engagement events, community outreach events, fundraising efforts, and etc.)
- Mentor and supervise fieldwork students, therapist interns, observation students, and/or volunteers.
- Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech- Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) credential offered by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of Ohio or be eligible for licensure through completion of the Clinical Fellowship Year
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred (in-house training available)
- Pediatric experience is highly preferred
- Experience working with children with ASD is highly preferred.
- Health Insurance/Dental/Vision (for full-time position)
- Company Provided Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 paid holidays per year (for full-time position)
- Flexible Schedule
- Partially subsidized daycare
- 24 hours additional PTO for CEU completion
- Opportunities for involvement in subcommittees within the agency
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $28.80 – $36.06 per hour